Aekkylinie: The Second War

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Aekkylinie: The Second War

Post  SugaredKittie on Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Treena smiled at the new horse and moved slowly to not scare the mare. She ran her fingers on the velvety skin of the nose then up to the ears. She watched Aislinn disappear and return with apples and a carrot. She nodded her head lightly before taking the apple and held it up to Kindling. It tickled a little when the horse took it from her hand but she enjoyed it. She had never felt at ease like she did when she was around the horses.

Aislinn asked if they were ready and Finley came out with his horse.

"Yes, let me just help Princess Treena onto Kindling." He answered as he walked over to her. "I know better than to help you though Princess Aislinn." He said with a smile.

He held put his hands to Treena. "You're foot here and I'll hoist you up."

She blinked, blushed a little and let him hoist her up onto the horse. When she was situated in the saddle she watched him go to his own horse before he took the reins of Kindling and walked them both out of the stables.

"Now we're ready." He said as he handed Treena the reins of Kindling and got on his mount.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Aislinn followed them out after placing herself on Truthful. The stallion snorted a little as he stepped into the snow. He dug with a hoof in it before prancing in place. Aislinn laughed and clicked her tongue at him. He slowly stopped and shook his head, he had not been out riding in awhile. His excitement ran through Aislinn's own. He wasn't to run like they did before Fieurcoast fell..

"To Val Point?" she looked at Finley to check if that was alright. She smiled as he nodded and lightly kicked Truthful who shivered in excitement. "Then lets go!" she smiled and let the horse into a trot, Treena and Finley fell behind her. It was a semi long trip and she would let Truthful run if she knew Treena would be ok with it, and if she wasn't worried about ice. She had watched 3 horses over the winters have to be killed because the fall on ice mangled them to much to be saved. If the horses legs became injured in anyway, they were beyond saving.

Finally they made it to Val Point. Aislinn looked up into the barren trees, the trees only a month ago were full of color that her kingdom had taken as theirs. She frowned, then slid off Truthful. She was happy she wore leather boots today. Walking to the tip of the cliff she looked out over the kingdom. This was her favorite place because you could see it all from here. It was clear today but thankfully not clear enough to see the other shores. She was sure that Fieurcoast was still burning as the scouts had informed her father only a few short days ago. Truthful butted her shoulder as he came up behind her. Aislinn's hands reached back and stroked the horses neck.
RageDoomsday
Admin

http://nekoburitsutani.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 am

Treena watched the scenery as they trotted to a place that Aislinn had mentioned. Her mind wandered as she thought about her home, her brother, her mother and even her father. She enjoyed her home life very much until her home was burned to the ground and now that she watched Aislinn's way of life she felt a little bit of jealousy. She never had the freedom Aislinn had but until now it hadn't bothered her. She had learned normal feminine things: reading, writing, singing, dancing, sowing. Things that were considered proper for young ladies. But now she wondered if she had missed out on many things by being raised to be proper and not as Aislinn did.

She was able to befriend all of the staff from back home, it was even praised by her father that she had because it made her look kind and caring about their staff. But she only did it because she loved them all like they were family to her. She blinked as the reached where they were going and pulled herself from her thoughts as Aislinn dismounted.

Treena slid from her horse easily and walked over to the edge with Aislinn. She looked off into the distance in the direction of her home. She looked off that way for a long time before shaking herself and walking off.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 23, 2010 1:26 am

"Treena?" Aislinn asked after the girl walked away from her. She followed her, "Are you ok? I hope you are not upset, we can ride somewhere else if you are.." She frowned and looked to Finley. The knight shrugged and slid of his own horse.

"Would you like to continue on, Princess?" he asked standing in front to Treena. Truthful had went to one of the trees a few moments earlier to chew on the bark. The horse whined and snorted while kicking his front hoof. Ainlinn ran over to him and looked down the other side of the hill

"Umm... Sir Finley.." Finliy walked over to Aislinn

"Yes, Your Highness.." he said walking over, Aislinn pointed toward the smoke rising from a campfire below. Dark purple/black creatures walked around a small camp. "Oh.. oh no."

"Are those.."

"Dark Elves." Finley finished Aislinn's sentence. "Lets go.." Finley hurried Treena to Kindling and helped her up, then went to Quickstep and mounted. Aislinn pulled herself onto Truthful and turned him around starting down the path. They didn't break into a run, but their pace was faster then when they had made their way to Val Point. The remaining Kings and of course Aislinn's father needed to be informed about the dark Elves.

Once back at the stables Finley helped Treena down and left their horses with a Stable maid. He made sure Treena was ok to walk back to her room herself so he could inform King Ivae of the new threat. Finley took off towards the throne room. Aislinn left Truthful with another stable maid and started towards the castle. She wanted to make sure Treena was ok. She quietly followed behind the girl thinking of a way to ask her without making her upset more then she figured she was.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 23, 2010 2:28 am

Treena looked quietly at Aislinn as she rambled on about leaving and going to a different spot, then she relaxed as Aislinn left to see to her horse. Her head snapped around as Finley commented on what he saw below and before she knew it she had remounted and was returning quickly to the stables.

Finley walked over to her as he helped her off the saddle. "Will you be alright returning to your room alone? I need to run tell the King about the Dark Elves arriving." He smiled at Treena as he touched her shoulder lightly, he didn't even notice that she hadn't flinched. "You're a brave girl Princess Treena. Be safe with Princess Aislinn." With that he turned and ran off to speak with the King.

Treena blinked rapidly as she watched Finley leave. It caught her by surprise that she hadn't flinched under his touch and the sudden sadness she felt when he left. Had she just gotten use to his presence or was it something else? She shook her head as she gathered up her dress and walked out of the stables and to the castle.

Finley walked up to the King's throne and bowed before taking a knee. "King Ivae, I have news I believe you should hear." He said as he looked up. It took him a moment to realize that there was another man with him that happened to be Treena's own older brother. "Prince Cearúil forgive me I did not see you there."

Cearúil pursed his lips as he gazed at Finley with tired eyes. "Why aren't you with my sister?"

"I was until just now. I was with her as she went riding with Princess Aislinn."

King Ivae looked down at Finley. "Tell me your news knight."

Finley nodded. "While out riding with the young Princesses I spotted several Dark Elves coming up the coast at Val Point. I brought the Princesses back immediately and came to report the news to you."

"Very well, thank you for coming to tell me immediately. I would like you to take a troop out to Val Point and meet up with these ark Elves."

Finley nodded and stood, turning to make his way to the door.

"Wait!"

Finley stopped and turned around to see King Ivae staring at Cearúil who had stepped forward. "Yes Prince Cearúil?"

"I am sure that many if not all of your knights know the way around your lands like the back of your hand King Ivae. I would rather have Knight Finley return to my sister's side. She has not fully recovered enough to be around different knights. It would be a safer and healthier idea for Finley to return to being guard for my sister, she seems to trust him a little more than any of the other males that serve for you."

Finley stared at Cearúil. He was a little confused as to why the Prince would demand that he go back to guarding Treena, but didn't argue; he enjoyed being around the young princess. He watched as King Ivae considered it for a moment.

"You make a valid argument Cearúil. I would love to see your sister get better and if Finley can be of any help in that case than I believe it would be best for him to return to guarding her. Finley," he turned to the young knight. "You will not lead the party to meet the Dark Elves, Cearúil is right. Everyone in my guard know where Val Point is since they have all been sent looking for my own daughter. Instead you will return to Princess Treena's side."

Finley bowed before he turned and struggled not to run from the room; he really did want to return to Treena's side.

Treena walked slowly down the hall to her room as she struggled to not look over her shoulder for the thousandth time at Aislinn who had been following her for awhile. She couldn't understand why the girl would be following her, it wasn't like she didn't know the way to her own room now. She sighed as she struggled with the annoying feeling of being watched over as if she was going to break at any moment. She ground her teeth together as she tried to voice her feelings but couldn't.

She looked over her shoulder yet again and regretted it; Aislinn was looking at her with deep concern etched into her face. She hated that look. She didn't want to be babied anymore and that was all anyone was doing. She was perfectly healthy and strong enough to handle herself; she just wasn't able to speak. Finally she had had enough.

She spun around on her heel and stared at Aislinn. "Please stop following me!" She said in her soft sing-song voice: it caught her off guard. Her eyes went wide as she realized she had actually spoken and not only had Aislinn heard her but so had Finley who had come around the corner and stopped a foot or so behind Aislinn. She covered her mouth in shock before she turned on her heel and took off down the hall to her room.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 23, 2010 3:00 am

Aislinn stopped as Treena turned, then she spoke and Aislinn gasped. 'Finally!' her hear flipped. The princess still could talk and by the look on her face Treena just found that out too. She started running down the hall after the girl

"Treena!" she called but stopped and turned when another voice called out at the same time. Finley ran past her and after the princess.

"Treena wait!" Finley called after the princess. Aislinn stood there, then let them go. She turned and walked to one of the leveled gardens of the castle. She brushed the snow from a bench and sat on it, staring into the soft snow that covered everything.

"Princess?" the voice was familiar but Aislinn didn't look. She didn't know how long she had sat there, it was growing dark now. "Princess Aislinn, your shivering." something was draped over her shoulders and a hand lay on her left. She looked up to meet Alus's eyes. "I went looking for you when you were not in the library or your chambers."

"Sorry Alus." she stood and he moved his hand from her shoulder. "Its just, I am shocked."

"About the Dark Elves, I know. I believe they have been tak.."

"No, no. Treena spoke, well yelled at me." she smiled. "I didn't mean to but I guess I got her to speak."

"You have been sitting out here for that? You looked so depressed..."

"Im shocked." she started to laugh. "whats the new on the dark elves?" she started into the castle. Alus shook his head and with a smile followed the princess.

"I believe they have been taken care of. A scout was sent ahead to say they have captured 2." Aislinn nodded "Shall we do some studying?"

"We shall." she smiled and the two walked to the library.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 am

Treena made her way all the way to her room and even got her door almost shut before a hand grabbed it. She reeled back in shock, catching the heel of her little shoe on the back of her dress causing herself to fall.

"Treena!" Finley had flung the door open and got in the door quick enough to reach out and catch her before she fell. "You should be more careful." He said with a smile as he righted her.

Treena blushed as she looked away, her lips closed tightly.

"I'm sorry if I startled you earlier. I had gone to talk to the King but your brother wanted me to come back and be your guard instead of heading out a troop to meet the Dark Elves. Honestly I'm glad he did, it's much more enjoyable around you." He stopped and stared at Treena for a moment. "Come now, you can't honestly not talk now that we just found out you could. Besides you have a wonderful voice, I do not understand why you wouldn't use it more often."

Treena blushed more. "I..." She started. Even to her own ears her voice sounded soft. Almost too soft to even be heard. "I did not think I could even talk anymore... I was sure I had lost use of my own voice after my... after what happened back home..." She twisted her hands together as she struggled to compile her thoughts.

Finley gazed at Treena, a look of concern crossed his face. "Would it be too bold of me to ask you to tell me what happened then...? I'm sure it would be more helpful if you try to talk about it." He led her over to the chair she had sat in on earlier this morning for studying.

She sat down as she set the candle back up as it needed to be before moving the books and scrolls to one side. She watched Finley's face as he moved to kneel beside her. Rolling it over in her mind as she considered if she would tell him what had happened. Finally she came to a conclusion. "I will tell you on one condition..."

Finley stared at her for a long moment, trying to figure out what that condition would be. Would it be to not tell anyone? He was sure that was something he could do easily. "And what would that be...?"

"To teach me the sword..."

Finley blinked. It caught him off guard that she would even ask something like that. "Why would you want to learn how to use a sword? Is it not against your teachings to harm someone?"

"My teachings talk about forgiveness. We are forgiven for what wrongs we do as long as we continue to save. In a sense if I were to learn the sword I would be saving myself. Which would let me save more lives."

Finley pursed his lips. "Alright..." he said after a long moment. "I assume you also do not want me telling anyone that you would be learning how to use a sword, which I can also do. But I will teach you how to use a sword to defend yourself, nothing more. I will not train you in the ways of killing."

"That's all I ask." She agreed.

Finley nodded. "Then it's settled. Now... Would you like to tell me what happened...?"

Treena blinked as she looked away from Finley's face and out the windows. "I had been with the maids when the city was attacked; I had been helping them mend some of the clothing and sheets. Everyone scattered when the first wave hit and all I could think about was that I needed to pray. I made the mistake of heading to the chapel instead of finding my brother or my parents. I had been in the chapel alone for no more than five minutes when a man kicked down the door. Unlike the ones that were attacking the city he was alive, he was just a rebel that used the attack as an opportunity to come into the castle. I was completely defenseless... He overpowered me instantly... tearing my dress open... I could not do anything to stop him. My father came in looking for me and came into the room in a rage when he heard me screaming. He killed the man instantly, sticking his sword through the man's body. He came over to help cover me up and did not see or hear the man that came in behind him. The man leered with sudden victory... He gutted my father than pushed him aside to come after me. I was afraid and angry, afraid for my life and angry that he had hurt my father. I grabbed my father's sword and killed the man. It wasn't easy to accomplish, I had never held a sword before that day. It was heavy and I struggled to hold it correctly and I... hacked... the man to death... I dropped father's sword and ran to him, but I was in such a state of shock that there was no chance that I could save him. After my brother dragged me away from father's body I realized what I had done... I had gone against my teachings and killed someone. I should have been repulsed, disgusted that I had done something horrible but all I could think about was how happy I was to end the man's life who took my fathers..." She looked at Finley with sad eyes. "I never want to be that weak and defenseless ever again.... That's why I wanted you to teach me the swords... I never want to be in a position where someone else has to save me at the cost of their own life... I won't let someone die for me like that ever again..."

Finley stared at Treena for a long silent moment. It shocked him how the girl before him was only thirteen but had suddenly aged tremendously before his eyes. Finally he stood and touched her chin lightly. "You are a very brave girl to have fought back like you did. I don't think even young Aislinn would have been able to do what you did. I will certainly train you with the swords. But don't regret what your father did for you. He loved you dearly and wanted nothing more than for you to live even if it would cost him his life. I know I would have done the same thing in his position." He smiled again. "I will let you be. I'm sure you wish to study or maybe just relax after all you told me. I will be outside your room if you need anything.

Treena watched at Finley walked to the door, opened it, step outside, and close it quietly behind him. It made her happy to hear that he thought she was brave and that he would have done anything to save her life, but she did not want anyone to do that for her again. She sighed and turned her attention to the books on the table and rubbed her eyes. She needed to study and that was what she was going to do.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 am

Aislinn stared out her chambers window while the maids fitted her into the gown. It was the princess's 15th birthday and the night she would get her first mage glyphs. Needless to say she was excited and the elven magic already ran through her. Rajah Keryth and King Jan had made it for this honor, many didn't dare come to far since the war was still ragging on. Her eyes moved across the coast while small waves lapped the sand. 'Fieurcoast...' Her eyes looked up to glance at the fallen city what was so very small in the distance. It had been 2 years since the royal family, Quinn, had came to Summerdell. Aislinn had made great friends with Princess Treena but often wondered what would happen when the war ended. She shook her head as one of the maids spoke to her.

"Please Princess, hold your breath." she older women smiled at her.
"Sorry Jesslin." a small smile graced her lips. She had grown a lot in the past two years. Alus had praised her so many times about her improvements in magic too. Aislinn now stood, holding her breath, as a very young beautiful princess. Her robes the maids finished tying where not normal robes either. Princess Adilya, heir to the crown of FarFirth the elven royal capital, had given her elven ceremonial gown last night at a small gathering they held for her birthday.
The gown was beautiful and unlike any others she had worn before. Thankfully Aislinn had been blessed with a nice chest that was framed tastefully in the white crape gown. Silver chiffon wrapped in beautiful knots under her bust to her waist. A red jeweled charm gathered the silver in the center on her waist and let the rest flow to her feet. Silver lace also lined the next and shoulders of the gown. Shoulders were thin and left her arms uncovered, but 2 flowing pieces of the white crape fell from the front and back and fell right below her waist. She turned as one maid pushed lightly on her shoulder. They draped her neck with a thick silver necklace that fit tight around her neck. Few random chains looped over her collar bone and red jewels sparkled from it. A few silver bracelets and an armlet were put on her arms before she heard the bells ringing. The maids adorned her head with a silver curled crown atop her curled hair and shuffled her out of the room.
Her ceremony was starting and she scurried along the halls as fast at she could to the courtyard. 2 guards followed her and opened the door into the throne room where the King and Queen waited for her. Her mother pulled her into a hug and whispered how proud she was of her and how beautiful she was. Her father then took her arm in his and lead her into the court yard where Alus and Rajah Keryth stood in front of many high ranking citizens. In front of a row of guards stood Princess Adilya, Queen Alushtasa, King Jan, Prince Cearúil, Queen Bridgette and of course Princess Treena. Aislinn's parents stood proud behind her as she walked to Alus and Rajah Keryth. Keryth spoke,

"Today, we gather to bless our sister. She will be blessed by the Guardians with the magic that flows through her, like another stream of life blood. In its power, she shall educate the masses. In it strength, she shall combat the enemies. And in its wisdom, she shall protect her brethren." 4 Elves that Aislinn didn't know came to her as Keryth asked for the Guardians to bless her with the magi glyphs. Aislinn realized that these 'Elves' were not elves, but the hand to each dragon flight. The guardians themselves fill the hands with power to bless the magi with each element. They were dragons in an elven body to walk among us, it was a smaller form. Each worn the color of their element, their skin was tinted with the color of their flight. Each hand seemed to start glowing with magic. None spoke as their hands rested on Aislinn's arms. She felt her body tingle and the magic flowed through her.
She didn't remember the rest of the ceremony, she did however know on her back now bore glowing glyph that would improve her magic. She was blessed by the Guardians and could now continue studying magic. The Citizens had been ushered out of the castle grounds as the royals gathered around her. Her eyes watched Prince Cearúil touched her arm

"Congratulations Aislinn, you will make a fine Magi." he smiled and let the others congratulate her as they moved into the ball room where other royal families that had watched the ceremony from the balconies around the courtyard welcomed the princess.

Later that night Aislinn slipped from the ball room and found herself sitting in one of the gardens. She watched a small butterfly drink from a flower in the summer warmth. A hand on her shoulder startled her.

"Did I congratulate you before?" Prince Cearúil stood smiling behind her. It was not that Aislinn realized that that she had hidden before. If it be from the magic high she was feeling or Cearúil's smile that lite up the garden, she didn't know. She had once thought she had crushed on Cearúil but now it was something more. "Sorry if I startled you.." he said dropping his hand.

"No no, just didn't think to would be you." She smiled at the handsome prince. She had liked him as a friend, a companion before, though they had only had long talked in the gardens or library. Aislinn felt something more there now and only wondered what he felt.

"You look very nice, Elven robes look good on you." Aislinn laughed at his comment, he frowned. "I mean it, you look like the powerful Queen you will one day be."

"Thank you Prince Cearúil." she smiled and turned to walk through the garden. He walked beside her and they talked about many different things. Somewhere in there he had slipped his hand into hers. She didn't pull away because it felt right. She was not the fragile flower that her looks would deceive someone to think. King Jan had kept his promise and set one of his best to train her to fight. She knew the sword, daggers, bows, and even a mace. She now had to learn to use a wand and a staff, Alus had told her. She planned too but for right now she liked feeling like a fragile flower against Cearúil. Even if she could perhaps beat him it was nice to have someone strong beside her.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 pm

It was still days before Aislinn's large birthday and magi ceremony and it was Treena's own birthday. Her birthday had never become evident to anyone around her except for the few guards and maids that had made it to Summerdell and of course her mother and brother. The High Priestess and her council of Clerics had been made aware of the time Treena would come of age for her own admission into the counsil. She would be receiving her cleric's robes in a private ceremony that only the immediate family of the healer would be able to attend. To the circle outside her intimate connections her birthday had never been mentioned which had actually been a surprise to Treena on her fourtheenth birthday, but it worked out for the best. Everyone had been so absorbed into getting a celebration ready for Aislinn's own birthday that she did not want to distract them.

"Princess..." One of the maids said as she opened the door.

"Yes Anna?" Treena asked as she set her brush down.

"It isn't much but we have a birthday present for you."

"Really?" Treena stood and looked a little bewildered. "You don't need to kep standing there in the doorway, come in."

Anna smiled then turned to look back outside them room and waved her hand. The other two maids that had come with Anna over to wait on Treena shuffled in carrying what looked like a large swash of fabric.

"I know it isn't much..." Anna murmured as she helped the other two women with it. "But we wanted to surprise you with a new dress for this special occassion."

Treena smiled and made her way over to the maids. "Thank you so much." She murmured as she touched the indigo silk. The maids smiled with pleasure as they laid it down on the bed.

"Now let's dress you for your big celebration."

Treena stood perfectly still, as she had been taught to do, while the maids began to dress her in the new gown. It was long and slender, fitting to her slender body perfectly. It cut across her chest, exposing a larger portion of her breasts than she was use to. She had become embarrassed when she learned that she had gotten a large bust, larger than both Aislinn's and her mother's, and she had taken pain staking effort to cover them up as much as possible. But in this dress that had been made for her out of love from her loyal maids and friends she did not mind exposing more than she was use to. The sleeves started at the same height on her arms as the top of the dress was on her bust, exposing her pale shoulders while the stop of the dress was capped in delicate lace that was decorated in silver threads. The dress itself fell to the floor with excess and the indigo silk was embroidered with silver all over it. The silver swirled across the fabric in random patterns until Treena looked at it harder and realized the random patterns formed the flower of her home. She smiled sadly to herself as she turned her head to look out the window, she had ben purposefully given a room that did not face the coast because they had all feared what the sight of her burning home would do to her when she first arrived.

Now she longed to see her home in Fieurcoast. She had heard from Finley that the city had been mostly cleared of the undead scourge that had burned it nearly to the ground. Now it was left to her brother and mother as to whether they would return and rebuild. Cearúil was to become King and she felt that he deserved to rule on the throne their father had ruled from, but what would the cost be for leaving Summerdell? She had grown fond of Aislinn as they became closer friends and Finley was extremely important to her for reasons she did not fully understand yet. Could she leave them to return to her home with her brother? She knew that with this ceremony she would be the only representative of Fieurcoast in the cousil of Clerics and would possibly be given the mission to train others from her home in her craft. It hadn't really occured to her until this moment what this coming of age ceremony might mean to her.

"Princess, plese take a deep breath and hold it while we tie on the corset." Anna's voice broke through Treena's thoughts.

"Yes of course." She answered as she sucked in a breath, pulled in her ribs and held still. The corset was a rich dark blue, like the near deep of the ocean, the true deep was an indigo color that the main dress represented. It pulled her waist in even more to show off just how thin she was, while pushing her bust up more causing a slight panic in her at how much of her was exposed; she didn't think that anyone but the maids really knew how much she had grown in certain parts. The silver ties ot the corset were tightened once more than tied off, and her dress was complete. It was simple but beautifully elegant and Treena loved it.

"It's beautiful..." She murmured.

"You're beautiful. The dress just looks beautiful on you." Anna said with a smile. Her and the other two maids led Treena to the small chair she had been in earlier when she was brushing her hair and began piling the long silvery blond hair onto her head in an intracate knot. Small curls fell around her face and down her neck as the maids finally attached the silver mesh around her hair. The mesh held her hair in place and had been weaved with tiny sapphires, amethysts, and emeralds. It had been a gift from her father many years ago. Last was the small silver crown and then she was ready for the ceremony for her Cleric robes.

A knock on the door caused her to turn her head and a maid to run over and open it; it was her brother Cearúil.

"You look beautiful Treena." He said with a smile. He had also been dressed up in royal garments for this occassion, they showed off just how tall and musclar he had become.

"And you look absolutely handsom my brother." Treena answered as she stood and walked over to him. "Have you been training more?"

Cearúil blushed as he held his arm out to her. "Actually I have. I feel that a little extra training would be good for when we return to Fieurcoast."

Treena looked at him in shock as they walked to where the ceremony would be held. "We're returning?"

Cearúil pursed his lips. "I feel we should, but also I wanted to ask you of your opinion as long with mother's. You are just as important in the ruling of Fieurcoast as I am. Soon you will be the High Cleric of Fieurcoast, and just as powerfull and influenctial as I would when I am King."

Treena blushed as they stopped at the door to the Church, it was nice to hear her brother talk to her on the same level and not his little sister. "I would love to discuss returning to Fieurcoast."

"Then it's settled. After the cermonies for you and Aislinn have died down we will meet with the other Kings and discuss our returning to our home. It won't be right away, there isn't even a place for us to stay at the moment, but after the castle is fixed enough to be habitable then we can return home. But that won't be for a few years aso you know."

Treena nodded as her brother held the door open and let her in first. Returning to Fieurcoast was what she had dreamed of for months, and though part of her wanted to return to the home she loved more than anything she couldn't help but think of Finley. She didn't want to leave him. As she pushed the thought of returning and Finley aside she entered the main hall to see the High Priestess in her long silver and white robes with her tall staff surrounded by a sea of white with slashes of color. Each High Cleric wore their long white robes with a long strip of fabric that hung over both shoulders that represented their home city. Soon she would be wearing white robes with an indigo sash for her home.

"We are gathered here to celebrate the coming of age for Princess Treena of Fieurcoast." THe High Priestess started. Treena's eyes darted around the room quickly and spotted her mother standing beside her brother, she smiled. "Treena has not only proven herself in her studies but in the hardships she has face. She was pushed down past the depths of despair only to rise up and go beyond the call of the needy. She has studied more than was asked of her and I am pleased to say that she is one of the best of us." She held her out hands and another Cleric laid the white robes that were going to be given to Treena.

Treena smiled and bowed her head. as the High Priestess held the robes above her head. "With these robes you will be blessed with the gifts of our ways." She lowered the robes and opened them up. It took Treena a moment to realize that the High Priestess was actually holding them for her to step into. She stepped forward gingerly and slid herself into the robes. The High Priestess smiled and lifted the hood, covered Treena's hair and crown before the same Cleric handed her an indigo sash embroidered with gold threads. "And with this you are welcomed into the council as the High Cleric of Fieurcoast." The sash was laid over Treena's shoulders. She then tapped her tall staff on the ground; it began to glow brightly, bathing Treena in it's light, fillig her with the power and blessings of the Light.

The rest of the small ceremony slipped Treena's mind as she felt the blessings coursing through her. Her mother had come up to hug her and congradulate her along with her brother, but what had really caught her attention was the figure standing hidden by the door. "Finley...?" She questioned as she made her way over to the figure; it was the knight in question.

"I know it was suppose to only be family, but I had to come and congradulate you." Finley stood before her, clad in his best armor and a bright smile. "I knew you had been hiding your birthday from everyone so I found a way to overhear when it was. Congradulations Princess Treena, High Cleric of Fieurcoast" He said as he bowed low.

Treena smiled, blushing red. "Shall we take a walk?"

"Of Course Princess." He answered as he stood beside her. They talked amongst themselves as they walked into the gardens.

Treena enjoyed his company more than anything else in the world. Soon she knew that everyone would hear about her ceremony and if they did not they would see at Aislinn's birthday as she would be wearing her robes for that ceremony, but for now nothing mattered to her but her arm around Finley's.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Cearúil had been asking about Aislinn's training, both mage and weapon. She had told him what she had been learning and was especially excited to learn how to fight on a horse. In truth she was, it had been what Truthful was born to do. But the horse had never bonded with anyone like he did Aislinn. To this day he still bucked and even occasionally bit anyone that tried to ride him. Aislinn pulled away from Cearúil and turned to him.

"Could you perhaps go get Treena for me?" she smiled and laughed a little at the prince's confusion.

"I think she might questions why you and I were out here." Confusion and hurt was bright on the princes strong face. He was not the tired and hurt prince he had came here as. King Ivae had a son, Aislinn's brother had died from sickness before she was born. He was only 4 when it happened and Ivae still hurt from it. Aislinn knew that her father had taken Cearúil under his wing like he was his. Cearúil had needed a father and Ivae a son. The king knew he could never replace King Roarke as a father to the boy, but the prince had needed someone to teach him the things he would have learned sitting beside his father. Cearúil was there beside King Ivae virtually everyday.

"Tell her the truth, we were talking..." her heart skipped when Cearúil had questioned her. Was he embarrassed to be with her or did he think that Aislinn felt more. She did but she now wondered if it was one-sided. "Since she hide her birthday, I never got to give her her gift..."

Cearúil turned with a nod and started back into the castle to fetch his sister. Aislinn moved to a bench and sat watching the sky change to the reds and golds matching her kingdoms colors. She smiled a little, she knew Treena would like her gift...
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Wed May 26, 2010 12:06 am

Treena had watched as Aislinn and Cearúil walking off together and felt a pang of jealousy. it surprised her that she would be jealous of Aislinn being able to spend time with her brother but then she realized it wasn't because of her brother but because Aislinn could fall in love with Cearúil and no one would think anything wrong of it. She realized she was jealous of the fact they could fall in love openly where as she, who was falling in love for Finley, could not do so openly. It was not a question of whether or mother and brother would think badly of it but the fact that society shunned a Princess and a knight. She soon squashed the jealousy because it would both do her no good, and she could never be jealous of her brother finding love.

Suddenly she no longer had time to think about the jealousy when several people came towards her asking her questions about the robes she wore and then soon congratulating her for new role. It had even surprised her that Rajah Keryth had come over to congratulate her, though it was not long or absolutely pleasant, but the fact that he had even said anything caught her off guard. King Jan had been nicer in giving her congratulations while mentioning his younger brother, Bram's wife was a High Cleric. She smiled at him and took his hands in her own, assuring him that she did see the Dwarven High Cleric, which wasn't a lie, she had actually met the Cleric in question.

So she played nice, thanked those who congratulated her and waited until everyone was finally done. The sight of her brother coming around the corner caught her off guard, she hadn't been expecting to see him back for quite sometime and really did not expect to even talk to him until the meeting about Fieurcoast. She cocked her head to one side as she watched him approach.

"Treena..." He smiled as he took her hands when she held them out to him. "Did I tell you you look amazing in that dress and very regal in those robes?"

Treena smiled, laughing quietly to herself. "Yes my dear brother, you have told me what you think of my dress and robes. Now Cearúil, why have you come back from your walk with Aislinn?"

"Always to the point with you." He smiled. "Aislinn has asked that you meet her in the garden. She wanted to give you a birthday present I suppose."

Treena sighed and shook her head before thanking her brother and walking off to where Aislinn was. "Aislinn?" She called as she approached
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 am

Aisliin smiled and stood when she heard Treena. She glanced at Cearúil behind Treena for a moment before point at the robes.

"I know you only wanted close family but are we not family?" she frowned a little at Treena. "I didn't think you would not invite me. Anyway no worries I have a surprise for you." she took Treena's hand "Come you two!" and dragged the other princess into a run like the day her filly was born. Cearúil raced after them laughing a little. When they got to the stable Aislinn spoke again, "You will be happy to know Dawn will be able to ride soon. I had something made for you." She glanced back at Cearúil "There is something for you too!" she smiled as she push open the stable doors and walked to the stall beside Truthful's where Dawn's stall was. Over the door a bump was hidden under a cloth. Aislinn left go of Treena's hand and pulled the cloth off. Over the door hung a clean white saddle and bridal. Fieurcoast flower was pressed into the sides of the saddle and rich jewels encrusted along the bridal. The jewels were Fieurcoast's colors. Aislinn turned to 'cloth' that had been covering them to revel a saddle blank in rich indigos. Silver tassels all along it with the Fieurcoast crest on back where, when laying across the horse, would hang one on each side of the horses rump.

"Like I said, Dawn will be able to be ridden soon. Maybe in about a year, she isn't 2 yet, two is still a baby. But you will be able to walk her along with you so she may get use to these." She smiled and rand her hand over the soft white leather. "They will get dirty fast, and the white leather is a lot softer then normal, but I hope you like them." She put the blanket over the rod across the hall from Dawn's stall that use to hold her trainers things. Truthful's hung beside the new laid purple one. His was a bright red with brown tassels, the Summerdell crest was embroidered in gold. His light brown saddle and bridal hung over it.

"And Cearúil..." Aislinn disappointed into the room at the end of the stable and re emerged holding a sword and sheath. She handed it to Cearúil, its hilt was carved with the Fieurcoast crest and jewels matched the cities colors also. She watched Cearúil look it over
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 am

Treena laughed as she held up her skirts to run after Aislinn. Skidding to a halt she watched Aislinn walk over to the stall that held Dawn. She couldn't wait until the young foal was old enough to ride, she had grown fond of her young horse. Truthfully she wondered what would happen when they had to return home to Fieurcoast, her only hope was that she would be able to bring Dawn with her.

The saddle, bridle and blanket had caught Treena completely off guard but she fell in love with them. She knew white would be hard to keep clean but she was up to the task because they were absolutely stunning. "Thank you Aislinn. They are perfect. I cannot wait to see how they look against Dawn's golden coat. She will definitely be up there in beauty." She walked over and fingered the blanket before running her hand over the soft leather. Her fingers tapped the jewels on the bridle before she smiled. It was a heartfelt gift, her favorite above many of the gifts she had received already. The only gift that could possibly top Aislinn's could possibly be one from Finley, but she wasn't expecting one from him.

Her eyes caught the glint of a sheath causing her to turn and spy the beautiful gift Aislinn had given her brother. Now is a good time to make my silent exit. She thought with a smile before she patted Dawn's soft head and slipped out.

Cearúil stared in awe at the gift sword. carefully he unsheathed it to take in the sparkling beauty of the sharp blade. He swung it carefully to test the sword's balance; it was perfect. "Thank you Aislinn... This is an amazing gift. It's beautifully crafted and perfectly balanced." He carefully re-sheathed the sword before attaching it to his belt and turned to give Aislinn his full attention. "Thank you.. from the bottom of my heart... It means a lot to me and I wish cherish it."

Treena sighed to herself as she walked through the gardens in the fading light. She had no desire to return to the glowing Castle but could not return to the stables; she did not want to interrupt Aislinn and Cearúil. So she walked by herself through the silent garden.

"Princess..." A voice called to her, turning her attention towards it and smiling; it was Finley.

"Finley..." She murmured as she turned to him.

"I was unable to give you a birthday present until now. I know it's not as outlandish as a saddle and jewel encrusted bridle. Or as special as a dress made from people who are close to you, but I was hoping you would accept it."

Treena smiled and walked over to him. "Of course I would accept a gift from you."

Finley smiled and held out a thin gold chain with a small intricate locket. "It was my mother's before she passed away. I would be honored if you wore it."

"I would be honored to wear it." She smiled at him as she turned her back to him and held up her head. Finley's hands draped the thin golden chain around her neck. After clasping it his fingers lingered on her back causing her to turn and gaze up at him. If only...
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Wed May 26, 2010 8:37 am

"The smith hasn't made a sword for you yet so I hope the balance is alright. He can fix it if its isn't.." she looked around. "Now were did you sister go?" She glanced out the door and saw 2 shadows against the lighting from the castle, she knew who they were and didn't know yet anyone else knew. Aislinn herself wouldn't if she hadn't seen Finley around so much, and of course Treena glow when he was around.

"I don't know," Cearúil looked around for his sister "She never leaves without saying something." Aislinn pulled her head back into the stable.

"She went back inside, just saw her." she smiled a little. "Care for a warm nights ride?" she cocked her head at the prince. Her curled hair fell over her bare shoulder. Cearúil nodded and went for the horse he had been riding since he got here, Invincible. Aislinn lifted the latch on Truthful's stall and lifted herself onto the horse riding him out of the stall.

"Bareback?" Cearúil stopped in front of Invincible's stall.

Aislinn nodded and smiled. "He is mine, he is trained for it." a bit of Truthful's mane was wound around her small hand to keep her steady.

"More worried about myself." Cearúil laughed pulling himself onto the dapple's back. He turned the horse and followed Aislinn through the narrow hall. Truthful pushed his head against the door, opening with his touch, the horse went into a gallop. Cearúil clicked his tongue as chases after Aislinn while her laugh was carried to him with the wind. Aislinn laid herself against Truthful like she was one with the stallion. His muscles moved against her his heartbeat in her ear. This was the freest the horse and owner has been since the war had started. The thing that made it ever more special to her was Cearúil was right behind her. She could hear Invincible's pounding hooves and huffing breath gaining on them. She sat up a little and looked to her left. Truthful may be young and fast, but he gained that from his sire, Invincible. Aislinn laughed as Truthful nipped playfully at the other horse. The stallion whinnied and gained a lead on Aislinn and her steed.

They slowed when they came to the bottom of Val Point, Aislinn had pulled Truthful into a trot but the horse needed no steering to know where they were going he turned and started up the hill. Invincible was close behind him after Cearúil had to stop him and turn him around when Aislinn had slowed Truthful.
"Whats up here?" he asked looking over at the princess.
"My spot." she said with a smile. They went over the top and Truthful stopped and shook his head. Aislinn slid off him and pulled 2 carrots from the small pouch she had grabbed when she grabbed Cearúil's sword. Cearúil slid off behind her and put his arms around the girl turning her before she could give the carrots to the stallions. They both whinnied at the miss of their snack and nipped at the prince's hair. Aislinn laughed and pushed her hands around Cearúil sides giving the horses their carrots. They then trotted off to graze. Cearúil kept his arms around Ainlinn as she turned, she stood with her back against his chest and sighed.

"I can see why you come up here all the time." Cearúil whispered
"Its a place where I can be along and still feel safe. I can see all the lands below. If anyone is coming, I know." her smiled turned to a frown on her last sentence.
"What is wrong?"
"I was here when Sir Varian came to tell me the new of your city." she pulled away from Cearúil and went to sit under the tree. Cearúil didn't say anything, just stared into the distance before turning and making himself a seat against the tree trunk.

"Aislinn?"
"Hmmm?" she turned to look at him and he motioned for her to come over. She got of carefully, not to get any grass stains on her dress and sat against the strong prince. She knew now there was an unspoken bond and love between them. She could see the look in his eyes as he could probably see in hers. At first she didn't know what the feeling was but she knew well enough now, it was love..

"4 years to the day." Aislinn looked out the window of the library into the garden outside. The flowers were only kept beautiful by the elven magic that was in the land here. If it was any other place, autumn was the end of flowers. Many new cities had been born from the war and old ones left in ruins. The war had been over for months now, just before Princess Treena and Aislinn's 17th birthday. Celebrations were all over as the undead were gone. Their leader had been found and slain, and like that it was over. The Necromancer had been an elven mage who fell into black magic. All the elven cities had him to use as an example now, but the High Elves had lost their beloved king. Rajah Keryth had been taken in death with the Necromancer. The high elves morned deeply, the other elves felt their pain but move on quicker as all had new cities to expand. A hand was laid on Aislinn's sholder, she didn't turn since she knew who it was.
"You are upset that we will be leaving soon?" Cearúil tried his best not to upset her. Aislinn simply nodded, "Many masons and smiths hav the city almost rebuild now and well, I have to return to rein there. I wanted to ask you something..." Aislinn who had been standing with her back to him turned to face the Prince, soon to be king. Her brown eyes met his blue ones. They were full of happiness that Aislinn didn't meet or understand. Cearúil took her hand in his own, "I wanted to ask if you would return with us?"
She stood there in shock for a moment. Their relationship was a quite unspoken but known relationship, all expected Aislinn to return with Cearúil and his family. To be his queen, but Aislinn had thought about this all too. She had dreams, more like nightmares, of this day since the war had ended.
"Cearúil..." her voice was soft and sad, unlike her normal song like tone. "I.. I can't, you know I can't. Who will rule Summerdell when my father is gone? I am the only heir. How can I possible leave this to no one?" It was not quite the answer Cearúil had expected. Surprised he took a step back, "Please don't think badly of me, I would pick up and leave now if it was just that easy..." she fought the tears back as she watched his happiness turn to hurt.
"I don't Princess.." he dropped her hands. "I won't bother you with it if its not what you want. I will leave you now..." he walked towards the door.
"Cearúil, please... wait!"
"You know where to find me if you change your mind.." the hurt prince left with that. Aislinn stood there for a long moment before she raced to the door. She hoped he was, but when she looked out there was no sign of him. She turned and collapsed onto the floor. Tears ran down her face like a river. How did he really expect her to return to Fieurcoast when she was the only heir to the Summerdell crown. She could not abandon a whole city just like that. When the Centaur city had grew during the war they had been looked down upon for their leader being a female, a Queen without a king. But since the death of Rajah Keryth, that all had changed in the few short months. Princess Adilya had became Queen Adilya over night. Her follower changed everyones mind and she proved, even in her pain, she was just as much a leader as any king.
Aislinn swore to herself she wouldn't marry just for the thrown. She would rule Summerdell kingless, because there was no way for her and Cearúil to be together. In that, she would never love anyone else. Not even a fake love...
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 am

Treena gazed out her window as she closed the book she had been reading. For two years now all she had done was study, barely making time for Aislinn or her brother. Even Finley received little time but he was complacent with it. He would stand outside her door day and night if he could, just to be close to her. Surprisingly people had not noticed the large amount of time Finley and Treena spent together and if they did they warranted the time to the fact that he had been the first Treena had ever trusted upon coming to Summerdell. Many still noticed the unconscious flinch she still had whenever there was a loud noise, or an unfamiliar voice that shouted through the halls so many were ready to believe anything by what was possibly the truth.

Sighing she pushed her chair back. At this time she was sure Aislinn was in the library studying so she wouldn't bother the learning mage, but she needed to get out. She stood, flattening out wrinkles or bunches she may have gotten in the dress from sitting so long then went to the door. Not to her surprise Finley was standing there.

"I would like to go for a ride..." She murmured to him as she walked away slowly. She knew she wasn't suppose to wait for the answer or for him because if he were anyone else he wouldn't have any say in the matter, but she liked to hear his opinion so she kept a slow pace to let him catch up.

"It might be a bit chilly for the Princess, shall I retrieve her cloak?" He asked with a small smile. He knew that she didn't like him calling her Princess often so he did it out of spite.

She sighed and stopped walking to give him a look before she answered. "Yes I suppose that would be best. I would not want to get sick."

Finley smiled at her, touching her cheek lightly when he was sure no one was looking. "I would not enjoy seeing you ill either." He said before he turned and went back to her room, summoning a maid as he went. He returned shortly and draped the cloak around her thin shoulders, clasping it for her on her collarbone. "Shall we?" He asked as he held his arm out for her.

"Yes we shall." She answered with a smile before placing her small hand against his bicep. They walked in silence until the reached the stables where she knew there would be a small argument as to who got her horse ready for her, it annoyed her but she secretly enjoyed it. She turned her head to him and opened her mouth to say she would be getting Dawn ready but was cut off before she could say anything.

"I have put in a request to King Ivae as to be let go from his guard so that I can join yours when you return to Fieurcoast." Finley said as he kept his attention fixated on the stables.

Treena stopped moving and just stared at him. "Finley..." She started as she looked at his back, he had moved a few steps ahead of her until he realized she wasn't moving now. "Why would you give up your spot on the guard here...? I know how hard you worked at becoming Captain and being a senior at a young age. I don't understand why you would give that up to go to a kingdom you've never even been to."

Finley sighed, she could watch his shoulder slump slightly when she had mentioned what he would be giving up, but he turned to her. He smiled at her, but it wasn't his bright happy smile that could make anyone smile back at him no matter what mood they were in, it was tired smile that spoke more words than he had yet to say. He knew what it was going to cost him to give up his place on the King's Guard and go with her to Fieurcoast. "I know how hard I worked at to get where I am now, but what would all of that men if I did not have someone special behind it? If you return to your home all that work I did would mean nothing. I wouldn't have you here to protect. I worked up to Captain in a year after meeting you so I could have the job of protecting you instead of one of the more seasoned Knights because I didn't want you to be around anyone else but me. It was a selfish reason, I wanted you all to myself, and I still do. That's why I can't let you return to Fieurcoast and be somewhere where I can't be the one guarding you. I would rather go to a new city that I have never been to and be with you than stay here and have a title that means nothing to me. I know it's selfish and I know that in the long run it will probably cause us both more pain than if I just stayed here when you left. I know, probably better than anyone, that it's impossible for me to be with you in anyway other than just being your guard if only I had some claim to some royal blood somewhere in my heritage than maybe I could be without without people questioning or looking down at us but I don't, not that I know of." He smiled at her it was a sad smile, a smile that says how much it hurt him to be this close to her without being able to actually be with her; it mirrored the pain in her heart.

"You know that you are the only one that I ever want to be with and I wish there was some way for that to happen. I know that my brother and mother would not look down on us if it was what we wanted because they know what you did for me. I'm not even sure if King Ivae and Queen Avae would think bad of it because they remember what I was like when I first arrived, but I know you well, you would not let me subjugate myself to the wrath of foreign royalties just so I can be happy with you. Sometimes I hate that I am a Princess, if only I hadn't been the first born girl child to a King of Fieurcoast, then maybe we could be together happily." She touched his face with her small hands, she could feel the tears in her eyes as she looked up at him. "I never want to marry another man if I cannot be with you."

Finley smiled at her before he lifted the thing gold chain from around her neck. "You still wear this...?"

"Everyday."

He let it fall from his hands where it landed between her breasts before he leaned in and brushed his lips softly against her's. It was quick, over before she had time to realize what he had done, but it was soft, full of emotion. "Let's take that ride you wanted to do earlier."

Treena returned to the castle happy from the ride. She had gone up to Aislinn's favorite spot on Val Point to show Finley her Kingdom as it was being rebuilt. Now she walked alone back to her room, letting Finley put away the horses because she knew it was the only way to have a win/win in an argument with him. As she walked back to her room she spotted a very sullen looking Cearúil.

"Cearúil?" She called as she walked up to him. "What is the matter...?" She looked at her older brother with concern as she touched his arm softly.

"Nothing..." He muttered darkly as he pulled away.

"Cearúil!" She snapped as she turned him around to look at her. Her voice caught the attention of a few people in the hallway so she pulled him off to his bedchambers since it was closer. "What is the matter with you?!?"

"You should consider yourself lucky. Your secret lover gets to go with you when we return to our home. I don't get that luxury." He snapped darkly.

Treena reeled back as if she had been bitten by a snake, his words cut her deep. "What in the Light's name are you talking about?"

"Aislinn won't be coming with me to Fieurcoast, unlike your Finley. She wishes to stay here and rule this throne." He glared darkly at his younger sister. "Maybe I should find some Prince to marry you and you can sit on the throne back home and I can come here. I'm sure there's some Kingdom that would be perfect for a political marriage. How would that be? Hm? Would you enjoy being married to someone you don't even know so you can't be with your Knight?"

A slap echoed in the room as Treena realized she had hit her brother. "How dare you... How dare you think you are able to do something like that to me..." She glared at her older brother as hate filled her. "You honestly think it's okay to force me into a political marriage? Maybe I should spite you and enter the Virginal path of the Cleric, then you can't marry me off. I can't even take the throne from you then. You would be left as the only heir to Fieurcoast. How would you like that? Hm? Would you enjoy being forced into something you don't want to do? I can't believe you would even think about doing something like that to me. Do you not see that I still can't be around men that I do not know? Do you honestly not notice that I still struggle with what happened that night? I still have nightmares. Every anniversary of our father's death I have nightmares. I don't sleep for a week because of them. Even if I try not to sleep I still have them as waking nightmares. But you're to selfish to even notice your sister struggling with something because all you can think about is yourself. You want to be selfish? Fine, be selfish. But don't pull me into your pity party because I won't go. I have never learned how to rule a kingdom like you but as of right now, I think I'd be better at it."

Before Cearúil could answer Treena turned on her heel, ripped open the door, and stormed out of the room in an angry huff. All Cearúil could do was stare after her.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Fri May 28, 2010 3:44 am

Aislinn's sob slowed as she righted herself. After grabbing a few of the books she had been studying, she left the library and started toward her room. There was a door slam in the guest quarters she figured it was Cearúil. As she turned the corner she saw Treena, a very angry Treena, Aislinn dropped her head in hopes to pass the princess without an exchange of words. Treena was probably angry at her after all. Cearúil probably just told his sister everything. Aislinn hurried to her room, her leather boots barley making a sound on the stone floors.
In her chambers Aislinn shut the heavy wooden door behind her and sighed propping her back against it. She moved to the desk against the wall and laid the books down before breaking into a loud sob again. She knew she could never leave this kingdom without a ruler, but she wanted so bad to be Cearúil's queen. What would her father think, their mothers, and she figured she already knew what Treena thought. Her mind went out to the Summerdell citizen who grew to love Cearúil and were in hopes Aislinn and him would marry. What they thought now, with the news of the Quinn's going back to the new Fieurcoast, she didn't know. But she knew a lot of them were probably heart broken. She moved to the bed, her sobs made her grow tired and she slipping into a sleep quickly. No dreams came to her, just endless dark.

Aislinn awoke a few hours later when the sun was starting to set. She stood beside and stared out the window for a long time. Watching the autumn colors in the sky. This autumn was normal now, there was no black magic making the world cold and dark anymore. 4 Years ago, right now she had been waiting to see Cearúil and his family coming. Pangs in her heart from the lose of their father. But a knowing that they were strong and would make it. She had hoped to have made friends of them, and though they did, she wished it never would have happened. A knock on the door stirred her from her day dream.

"Enter." her voice was quite and horse. Her old nanny entered and crossed the room.
"Would you like help to ready for bed?" the old woman laid her hand on Aislinn's shoulder. Did she know what had happened? Was it already around the castle. Aislinn shook her head,
"I think I can get it myself, thank you." the nanny nodded and left Aislinn standing alone again. She had been dressed in simple robes today, no corset under neither. She changed quickly into a pair of slacks and a tunic. Stuffing the books from earlier into a large leather sack she slipping it then over her shoulder and went to the door. No one was in the hall, a quick pull of her hood over her brown hair and she raced down the hall and out into the night.
Truthful was easy to get, he stood still and quite as Aislinn readied him with normal tack. She mounted and rode out of the stable. She rode past Val Point which had confused the horse a little. But he trusted his owner and rode on. A few miles from Val point lay the coast, Aislinn slowed her steed when the saw it in the distance. A small fishing hut that looked empty was were she was aimed for. The princess dismounted and drew a dagger out of her boot. Slowly she checked out the hut, in and out. After deeming it safe she lead Truthful into the one stall stable and filled the feeder with grain out of a small grain bag she had grabbed. This place would be great to get away from the night and with that she took the candle she had lit earlier and when inside.
After a fire was started Aislinn saw the hut had to have been someone's home at one point. Abandoned for a few years now she figured from the dust and cobwebs. She used a rag she had found to clean off the small desk and stool. She would study here for the night, and return later to make this place a suitable 'get away'
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Fri May 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Treena stormed through the castle in an angry huff, she didn't notice Aislinn walk by nor did she notice storming past Finley. She hadn't realized she was so angry, but under the anger was the real emotions, pain, hurt, and betrayal. In truth she would have loved to take the throne from her brother to let him be here with Aislinn, but she knew better than anyone that no one would want a ruler that could not rule and a political marriage was not something she could do. She wondered, as she slammed the door to her room before falling against it, if she could learn to rule quickly, but who would train her? A sob caught her by surprise as she realized tears streamed down her cheeks. Cearúil had hurt her more than she had wanted to admit. She loved her brother deeply and she wanted nothing more than to let him stay here with Aislinn as he wants, but there was nothing she could do. She was a Cleric, training to become the High Cleric of her people. She had no idea to rule a country as a Queen.

She hiccuped as she wiped her face from the drying salt on her cheeks before she stood. She would not let herself mope and be moody. She would be a proper Princess and she act like one even if she did not want to. She flattened her dress from wrinkles before she straightened her hair, fixed her from and pinched her cheeks to add a little color and hide the pain she was feeling in her heart. She sighed as she looked out the window. She wondered for a moment what Aislinn was thinking and feeling about the incident with Cearúil. As she blinked she realized it was already dark, quickly she grabbed the slacks Aislinn had given her for riding, put them on, and slipped out of her room.

"Aislinn should be at Val Point..." She whispered to herself as she ran quietly through the halls and out to the stables. "Come on Dawn..." She murmured as she saddled the horse, mounted up, and got out of the stabbles. "Hut, hut..." She clicked as she kissed to make the horse canter off. She cantered all the way to Val Point and realized that Aislinn wasn't there.

"Where..." She questioned as she suddenly caught sight of a moving in the distance, it was Aislinn on Truthful. "hut, hut." She clicked as she had Dawn racing off to meet up with Aislinn.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 am

Aislinn hear the hoof beats soon after she sat herself in the just dusted chair. Pulling the dagger out from under the open book she made her way to the door and to look at who was coming. The robes and light skinned horse gave Treena away immediately. and her thought flew to what she wanted. Had she followed the girl to question her or just to bother. If it was a threat or a fight Treena wanted, Aislinn was in the mood for one. Her grip tightened on the dagger.

"What do you want?" she yelled toward the other princess who was only a couple hundred yards away now. "I don't know what your brother said but what I said is final. There is no way I can go with him, I have my duties here and I am staying. Though I am sorry I may have hurt him I will not be sorry to beat you if you have came for a fight..." a near growl grew from her throat and she raised the dagger pointing it at Treena.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Treena stopped a few hundred feet from the little shack that Aislinn had taken root in. Color flooded her cheeks in angry hurt when Aislinn accused her of coming to only yell at her about her brother. She had completely understood Aislinn's reasoning for not wanting to leave Summdell and even if the places were reversed Treena would have done the same thing. In anger she glared at the small hut as she thought about going back to Dawn and retrieving the dagger that Finley had hidden under the saddle, but she decided words would be her best weapon.

"What a self brat you are!" She called to the hut. "Thinking I only come to accuse you with hateful words. You only think of yourself when you're in pain and do not care if others may be hurting as well. Only thinking of yourself, that's all you've ever done, isn't it? I called you friend for these four years and this is how you treat our friendship? I don't care what you said to my brother, he probably deserved it for thinking that he could just ask you to come with him and you would go. I don't care if he was hurt or you were saddened by it. I came seeking a friend. Seeking an ear in return for being one, but you treat me as an enemy without ever truly thinking about my own feelings. Thank you for showing me your true colors, at least now I know I can return to my kingdom and not be sad about leaving a friend behind. At least now I know it would be best if I did choose the path that would lead me away from the throne and let both of your selfish needs to wallow in the misery you have created. You and Cearúil are both absolutely SELFISH." With that she turned and went back to Dawn, mounting up and picking up the reigns. "Thank you for pretending to be a friend and showing me the truth before I left." With that she clicked to Dawn and had the horse cantering off, away from both the hut and the castle.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Aislinn stepped back at Treena's words. Selfish? But she wasn't, she just didn't want to be hurt more then she was. She thought treena was coming to rub salt in the already deep and growing wounds.
"Treena!?" she yelled dropping the dagger. "I am not selfish! Hear my side, but if you want to think that fine. I thought you were coming to attack me, I saw you leaving Cearúil's chambers earlier, you were angry and I thought it at me.." her voice trailed off and she collapsed to the dirt and sand outside of the hut. Again she had been over come by tears. In her hurt and anger she had accused her only true friend, now not only had she lots her love but a friend too. And now she realized that she needed her friend...
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Treena finally had Dawn stop cantering as she looked around her. She was lost, and not just a little lost, completely lost. She hiccuped as she rubbed at her eyes. She was hurt that she yelled at Aislinn but she didn't need to be attacked in such a manner. She struggled to keep her composer but now she was utterly lost and was sure she ruined a friendship.

"What do I do now...?" She thought as she slowly turned Dawn in a circle looking for a way back. "I doubt Aislinn will even tell anyone that I have left. I was so rash..." She murmured as Dawn whinnied and stamped her foot. "I'm sorry Dawn..." She touched the mare's soft mane. "I am sorry I made you follow me into this..."
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Aisliin wiped her eyes. She was sick of crying, thats all she had done today. She stared at the water, the night sky reflecting in it. With a sigh she stood and to herself decided that she would not make anyone worry about her. She would sit beside her father tomorrow and begin learning how to rule her kingdom for when he was gone. A quick swoop of the hut she gathered her books and lead Truthful out of the small stable. With that she started home, slowly.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Treena found a small rise where she dismounted Dawn, removed the saddle and placed it on a rock then sat down against a small tree. She wasn't sure how she was going to find her way back since she had somehow moved out of sight of the castle. It surprised her that she had gone far enough that she could not see the Castle in any direction and it worried her a little as to whether or not someone would come looking this far. Sighing she leaned back against the tree as she let her mind wander back over the incidents with Aislinn and Cearúil. It hurt her that her brother had even considered forcing her into a marriage he knew she would not be happy in. But did she overreact with him? She slapped him out of anger and hurt but now she felt bad about it. Was it wrong that she had said mean things and struck out? Would she even be forgiven for such an act? Now she wondered if she could even mend the fissure that had formed between her loving relationship with her brother. Until now they had only words of kindness for each other, but she wasn't sure that after this fight they would be able to mend and go back to what they once had.

Then she thought about Aislinn. Had it been wrong to yell at her friend the way she did? Or was it right? She didn't think so. Did she do the same thing Aislinn had done to her and struck out without even asking or thinking about Aislinn's feelings? She had been hurt by her brother and then accused by her friend, now she wondered if she too jumped to conclusions too quickly and lashed out when it was not needed. Sighing she covered her face in her hands as she tried to think about what was needed to be done.

'If I ever get back to the castle I will apologize to Aislinn...' She thought as she touched Dawn's nose when the horse came over and butted her softly. 'At least I can do that.'
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  RageDoomsday on Sun May 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Aislinn lead Truthful back into his stall when they had finally made it back to the castle. The horse was tired and so was she. After setting him up for the rest of the night she latched his door and looked over into Dawn's stall. She wondered if Treena had went to Val Point after their snapping at each other. A bit of her worried but she knew Treena would get back soon. She when to her quarters and found herself asleep before she had even changed into bed clothes.
RageDoomsday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie on Sun May 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Treena jolted upright and looked around her. It took her a moment to realize that she wasn't dreaming anymore, she really was outside by a tree. Sitting upright she winced as she realized she ached all over. "What should I do...?" She murmured as she finally got to her feet and looked around. For a moment she wondered if she could just guess which direction she had come from but she wasn't sure she would be able to remember which way she had come from. Sighing she walked around the tree a few times to get the feelings back in her legs before she looked at the bushes to see if there were any berries still in season.
SugaredKittie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum